This is definitely on the list of 'best trials' that I've been informally keeping. It wasn't the Qs, it was the small successes that are building into big successes.
1. I was able to regain his focus after touching noses with a horse in the stall and sniffing calves. We went on to complete the touch n go course and he didn't visit the rest of the day. How did I regain his focus? Tried calling his name which elicited no response, walked up to him, downed him, took a lead out and sent him into a tunnel. We were able to finish the course nicely!
2. He was RUNNING and having fun.
3. HE WEAVED! He really did it!
4. Novice Touch N Go qualifying run to earn TG-N
5. Q in tunnelers
6. FIRST ever Q in WEAVERS! (A baby food turkey party followed that run!)
1. Shot off like a rocket in tunnelers.
2. Really responded well to cues
3. Ran SUPER FAST! (I think this deserves to be multiplied by like a hundered)
4. QUALIFIED to finish her TN-N; her FIRST agility title!
It was a great day! They both ran SO well... SO well!
I *think* I'll move her up to Open tunnelers. It's the same course, she's shown she has the speed for it... and then I don't have to pawn off the rest of cooling out a dog while I run another. Our warm up/cool down routines are fairly long... and done to prevent injuries. I won't put away a 'hot' dog so while I warmed Bailey up and ran her a really nice friend finished cooling Buzz out for me. I much appreciated that!