2008-03-29

Happy Birthday ALI!

A good friend from school turned 21 last week and her party was last night. It was super exciting! We had a blast! Her parents made her a 'bud lite' cake for her birthday and it was a fabulous creation.

I really can't believe that we're all getting (dare I say it?) old. heh Old is just a term though, we'll be youthful forever... no doubt!

Of course, I was the only one who carried a sippy cup around. No one else was brave enough. Mine kept spurting at me due to the carbonation... beware, carbonation and sippy cups with no vent don't go well together!

I was even feeling generous enough to share my lucky charms in vanilla soy milk. I don't usually share food well, but I felt like it... and the kid only wanted my marshmallows.

I think that's my new favorite meal, btw. I was limited in my cereal choices before because not much goes with chocolate soy milk, and before yesterday I wasn't keen on being adventerous and trying a new kind/flavor. But I did and it is SO good!

I'm not lactose intolerant, just not a big fan of milk (or meat or many veggies) so, I find alternatives. I typically drink 8th Continent chocolate soy milk stuff, but like I said before, that doesn't go well with many cereals (I can think of 2).

I like:
cheese
bread
cukes (raw)
carrots (raw)
ranch
chipotle
most of the time I like chicken
most of the time I like ham
potatoes
lettuce
spinach
8th Continent chocolate soy milk stuff
and now Organic WestSoy Plus vanilla milk stuff

and that's about what my meals revolve around

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALI!

Now I'm off to take a glorious walk outside because it's a beautiful day.

2 comments:

Cat, Tessie, & Strata said...

Soy milk = love.

I am lactose intolerant, but I'm also vegetarian (still eat fish, so you can call me a "vegaqaurian"!) but do not eat gelatin, nor do I wear fur/leather.

THE hardest thing to give up was marshmallows! I miss my Lucky Charms so. You have made me jealous. :(

Soy milk is actually really good for making iced chai lattes. Just FYI. :)

I usually make my own chocolate/strawberry soy milk by adding the Hershey's syrups... mmmm... :D

And if you mean "ranch" as in "ranch dressing", have you had any of the Hidden Valley mini cups of dressing? They're like pudding cups, but short, and perfect for dipping raw carrots and cucumbers -- also a favorite in my belly.

I think we might've been seperated at birth, plus by like four years...

Megan said...

Yes, definitely Ranch dressing!

I've tried many, and only found a few that I like... but will need to find and try those ranch cups you speak of!

Separated at birth... definitely!

Will have to try the syrups! This stuff isn't half bad, though I was terrified of trying it!

Wasn't brave enough to go with 'plain' or the like, definitely needs flavoring!