I've tried to learn so much since Friday, I think my brain might explode. It certainly doesn't all fit, but that's what saving emails is for I guess.
A couple wonderful people with some great resources have been so, so helpful. From listening to me cry and whine about the situation, to helping me dig for information about how I can help to make Buzz's body functioning better, for the short or long term.
|We want to be able to spend time at the beach this summer.|
- More Tripe. Tripe is a great protein source that's low in Phosphorus.
- Pepcid. Apparently not-fully-functioning kidneys cause excessive acid build up in the stomach and that can cause it's own issues.
- Antibiotics. Just in case. (We ran a 4DX today and it was all negative.)
- At first I panicked about the price of the Azodyl. It's a temperature sensitive supplement that's expensive to begin with. All of the websites I looked at initially either didn't ship it cold (thereby rendering it useless), or it was absolutely cost prohibitive--$100+ per month. I've gotten as far as finding it for about $65 per month, which is still quite high. I'm going to continue to look around for that one.
- And I heard today that Adequan is back in production... we will all be relieved when it's readily available again.
Oh, and we've all decided that a diet high in ice cream is necessary. He's celebrated his birthday three times in the last 10 days. He quite likes ice cream by now.
I've been looking through pictures and videos today. Here's a very old (2008!) agility video.
Buzz NADAC Regular