2008-03-28

Goals?

I have lots of lofty goals. Goals for life, goals for dog stuff, goals for everything.

I've learned a lesson about goals though, you need to set goals for the little things that lead up to the big things.

So, since I would really like to get Bailey's CDX and Buzz's UCDX. We need to pick exercises, or portions of exercises to work on. I think both would benefit from out of sight sit stay practice. I have started doing this at home, and until it gets really reliable at home, I'm not going to bring them other places to work. So far we have worked on holding a sit while I walk in the front door, close it, then walk back out; sit in another room while I prepare dinner; and just plain ol' stay games.

I'd like to work up to leaving dog in a sit and me go to basement and return to find doggy just where I left him/her. We'll get there. Both have done a longer than three minute sit, but not for quite a while (well, Bailey did it last August but I don't think that was anything more than a fluke because I never really trained it).

So, goals for next time I go home are more sit/stay work until we can get on some mats and work with equipment at a run through or lesson.

No comments: