2008-05-27

Agility Class #2

It went SO well tonight. I handled confidently, and my handling paths were good for my dog and I. It was one of those really good nights.

A few highlights:

  • 2 very nice running a-frame contacts in the same sequence!
  • I accidently sent him over a 20" jump (normally jumps 12") and he cleared it with ease!
  • 2 complete sets of 12 weaves completed without trouble!
  • Focused during his agility runs and did his job, forgetting about the intact boys he was sure needed his attention when not running. For some reason Vegas and Henry both got his attention a lot tonight. They certainly weren't provoking him, but he was mighty interested in them.

I also laid Buzz's first track today. I figured now is as good of a time as any to lay a foundation for it. He thought that eating food off the ground and not being told to stop was amazing... heh. It was just a short track, but he was good and had fun!

Tomorrow Bailey and I have tracking class. Last week Sheila told us we'd be doing a left and a right turn on the same track. We'll see how that goes! She had one stellar day of tracks. All three I laid were executed VERY nicely. Today's tracks were mediocre at best. I need to take notes and keep a better tracking journal.

No comments: