2008-04-22

School Book Excerpts

I'm constantly amazed at what you can actually find in a school book if you look hard enough! Just last week I found "a healed earth is one in which all the patterns of destruction… have been deeply transformed, the patterns that are resulting in proliferating population, deepening poverty, famine, soil erosion, deforestation, the extinction of species, air and water pollution, energy crises, and militarism” (Bagley and McIntosh, 234). That's from one of my Women and Religion books, the one I actually read consistently!

Another is from Art Methods today, "Alone we can do so little, but together we can do so much" by Helen Keller.

Sometimes school isn't so bad. I would never say that anywhere close to finals though (like right now) because there is SO much to do before the end of the semester!

No comments: