2008-01-20

Open A

No Qs for us today. Both had some really nice parts... we definitely have work to do.I have to remember though, that I'm out there because of him. He was a good boy, just... heh there are definite oversights in my training I guess, and I really need to just get him out and work him more.

He left the ring in both runs. One he ran out the entry/exit and into the store. The other he jumped the ring gate. Yeah...He was working happily and pretty well until then too (except for that whole heeling thing). Ah well... life goes on, and we have more to practice.So, first run, we had icky heeling, but we pulled it together and ended nicely. DOR was fabulous for him, retrieve on flat was good, retrieve over high was nice (odd front but... he did it) so gave the dumbell to the steward... my dog followed the steward. So I called him... and he ran into the store. Urgh. Judge let us do the broad jump to finish, and he did it SO well, better than we'd even been practicing!

Went down on the sit... so yeah. Urgh, that was consistent today. Both times at around 1:45 of 3 minutes... guess I didn't build duration like I thought.

On our second run, I anticipated the recall after the drop. *hit handler* He did his retrieve on flat really nicely, then on the next exercise (Retrieve Over High) he went out, then went to see the judge then jumped the ring gate, a friend happened to be there and caught him, judge let him back in, I told him to "go get it" and he tried bringing it to the judge... judge said "that way" or something and then he brought it back over the jump to me... hah, silly dog.Again, broad jump was REALLY nice!

So, it was a good day, and great learning day. He was definitely happy. And he was a VERY good boy with his out of sight honor downs... both of those were stellar! hahaha

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/v/Yqzrg24rXDk

http://www.youtube.com/v/eGU3T_h3yUo

No comments: