2007-04-29

Bailey!

I went home for *counts* 20 hours so I could bring home some junk and go to the 4-H kick off meeting.

Bailey freaked out. She was unresponsive, spacey, stressed, etc. but we worked through it and she even *gasp* got comfortable enough to play with her frisbee, and tug with me! Then we did a rally course demo (with the frisbee in my back pocket... I treated a couple of times during and threw the frisbee at the end, she STILL wanted it! YIPPY!)

Then we practiced just heeling on the mats and she was ANIMATED, HAPPY, and just GREAT! We worked on a LOT and it was SUCCESSFUL work! We did some signal stuff (come, stand in motion, down, sit), retrieve, heeling... and she was just great!

I'm so excited now! We CAN do it, we just need to get out and practice!

I'm just so excited about Bailey, wish I would have had a camera because her gaze was fixated and her TURNS were like we'd practiced... she didn't bump me, forge... nothing, it was GRAND!

Go Bailey!!!

I think I've decided to come up to Duluth for a day (or weekend) in July when they have their big dog show. Since I've got a place to stay I might as well. Then if we're ready for obedience (possibility) we can show in that but we'll be doing rally if nothing else. Buzz will be in Novice B, and Bailey in Advanced A. Should be fun, and then we do APDT before the speciality!

No comments: