2011-03-01

Major Woe

I guess I should have gone to more of the physical rehabilitation talks at the conference.  I taught little kiddos this morning, got my teeth cleaned, and then the dogs and I visited Dr. Julia.  I knew going in they were likely to be chiropractic messes.  Bailey was toe touching with a right hind before I left for the conference, but it seemed a little better (or she got better at hiding it).  Buzz had trouble with stairs at Elizabeth's house, he was having trouble at home too, now that I think about it more.  We just didn't use them a whole lot before I left because it had been nice out.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
We'll start with the old man.
*Sore over sacrum, tilted right.
*Pain on right hip extension, better after adjustment.
She adjusted 8 areas and had to bring out the vibration device in order for his adjustments to hold for more than a couple seconds.  Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
Discharge: No exercises apart from treat stretches and bows.  Leash walks for 20 minutes twice daily.
No other activity, no stairs if possible.


Then it was Bailey's turn.
*Pain over right proximal quads, improved after adjustment.
*Knees feel okay.
*Sore at thoracolumbar junction and in midthoracic spine.
She adjusted 8 areas on Bailey too.
Discharge: No exercises apart from right quad stretch, hold 10 seconds after walks.  Leash walks 20 minutes twice daily.  Restricted activity.

Recheck one week for both.

Good news: they still love her and going there.  They looked a lot better on our walk after the adjustments and seemed to move freer.

More good news: I can definitely tell where she's hurting when she is.  Too bad I don't know how to fix it!

So, anyone have extra springer sized bubbles they're not currently using?  I could really use two right about now.  Crate rest, low key activity in the house while people are home, leash walks outside.  Lots and lots and lots of food toys I guess.

Hrmph

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Well darn. I hope recovery goes quickly.

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck said...

Bummer. I hope you can make it through the rest period realatively easily!