2009-05-04

Happy Birthday


to my number one, best boy ever!

My Buzz turns 11 today (it IS past midnight now). Holy cow has time flown this past year. I've been away for his birthday four years in a row I think now. The old man doesn't know it, he just misses sleeping on my bed with me at night. What self respecting old man sleeps in a crate anyways?!

I am thrilled that my buddy boy is still here. Despite coming from poor breeding, he's still having the time of his life in as he begins his second year in the double digits! A few changes along the way but he's still the same Heart Dog. Deafness doesn't change who he is as a dog.

How do I say thank you to the dog who got me to where I am today? Well, I could give him exactly what he wants, and I will do that when I get home next Monday.
  • Sleeping in bed with me
  • Going for walks WITHOUT the young'n
  • Digging for gophers
  • Swimming (provided it isn't freezing out)
  • Tracking (he'll come with me while I assist with a tracking class)
  • A dinner of raw food... THAT is Buzz heaven
Life is a journey, a slow process of learning about yourself and the world around you, and something to be cherished. I am thankful every day for each day I have with my Buzz. The one who has listened to me babble on for years about everything. He has gone through every life changing event with me without so much as batting an eye. My first competition dog, though not who I earned my first title with, he currently holds the most titles. I've truly come to understand what it means to enjoy each day and each run. Live life to the fullest is what Buzz says, and live each day as if it were your last. Don't wait until tomorrow, do it today.

I hope he is around to help teach my future puppy what being a Great Dog is all about. He's a great puppy socializer and since I'll never have his legacy to carry on, I want the puppy to meet him.

Tonight, I'm toasting to you Buzz.
all 030

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Buzz UCD

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



If you made it through all of those pictures... congratulations!

No comments: