2008-07-05

ACTS NADAC Day 1

Today really was a good day. I was kinda sad we didn't qualify in weavers, but that's ok. He was a happy dog... and he DID weave, it just took us a while! ;)

Today we were scheduled to have six runs, but I knew we'd be running five at the most. He just isn't young enough/fit enough/can't mentally handle that many runs in one day. Started the day with regular 1, Q/2nd place by .01 seconds! Good boy, nice run!

Weavers followed... hah. He decided that he couldn't weave, though we'd just weaved (and well too) in regular. He got the last set but we were WAY over time! But, big improvements from this time last year... he was HAPPY in weavers, and didn't really mind being asked to redo them. Very silly boy.

Regular 2 was next, another good run but we knocked a bar. I think he tripped. I'll have to check the video for sure though.

Then we had a nice break and I decided to 'play' in the chances ring. There was a 3 jump serpentine that worked well using the start and finish jumps. So we did 5 jumps and left for a YOGURT party (he absolutely LOVES yogurt). Instead of chicken parties, we have messy yogurt parties (it's not really messy, except on his nose, hehe).

Last runs of the day were Touch N Go and Jumpers. I debated about scratching from one but in the end we ran both. He ran Touch N Go SO well. Seriously, I think it's the best he's ever run. I was so pleased. That is definitely a run to remember! Jumpers was nice too. I thought he was moving a little slow, but he really wasn't. I was going to see how he ran the first few jumps and see if I needed to make a short course. He didn't seem very tired and was still jumping well so we ran the whole thing.

I really couldn't be more proud of my Buzz-dog today. I'm trying to stay positive for Monday, but this really was an amazing day and one I'll not forget soon.

As to Monday, the Buzz-dog goes in for surgery. There is a malignant and infected lump on his neck. The soonest they could get him in was Monday, so we decided to play this weekend. He's on Cephalexin for the infection.

Go Buzz Go!

No comments: