2009-10-07

Catch Up!

Buzz had his first acupuncture appointment yesterday. He wasn't too fond of the needles at first, and especially on the left side of his back, but there were definitely no lasting ill effects. We go again next week, for a charged experience.

The Zeel seems to be working. We got a sample of Previcox and it worked TOO well. He felt too good and I was afraid he'd injure himself.

Bailey came with last night too and her sutures look good now. She was coned for a few days and I applied Vaseline liberally to help the skin out as well as gave her 1/2 tab of Traumeel 3 times/day. She only had one dose of Traumeel yesterday and will likely only have one today. The swelling has gone down significantly. I forgot to ask when he wants to take them out so I don't know if we'll go back on Friday or wait until Tuesday. Regardless, she was happy to have a little bit of an extended walk this morning. She's going to be crazy when given the all clear to RUN... I'd better set aside a couple hours for her!

I'm trying to work on a photo holiday card, but am having trouble designing a template. I may just suck it up and buy one, but we'll see.

Buzz has been working on his heeling and sits a lot lately. I'm shooting for three sessions/day. Sit stays have been our nemesis for years and that has been amplified since his deafness it seems. If he loses concentration and looks away while I'm walking away or facing him, as soon as he looks back he'll RUN in, afraid he missed a signal. We're working at a shorter distance and less duration to build up his focus. He seems fairly settled if I'm out of sight, which is a GOOD thing.

I'm still going to my vet's to volunteer on Tuesdays and it's still a blast. I learn so much and it's just a day for me to fill my brain with nerdiness, I love it!

No comments: