Overall, he's doing well for an almost 16 year old dog with a progressive neurologic condition. Last night Lauren and I took the boy dogs out for ice cream! Buzz's outing was extra special because he even got to ride shotgun in my lap (which, for those who know me, is a huge deal).
|shotgun dog is happy to have his head out the window|
|photo by Lauren|
|underwater treadmill, with jets|
She spent Januray-March in Florida with my mom. They're now home and Bailey is quite enjoying farm life again instead of residential life. I was able to spend her 14th birthday with her in Florida!
|she cracks me up|
The most recent news for Gabby is that she was entered in her first trial. Knowing we weren't ready yet, she still qualified in 2/4 of her runs! She now has 2/3 of the required qualifying scores for her RLV! We train almost daily and she is so darn fun.
|photo by Laura Johnson|
|Gabby loves most things, but she especially loves snow.|
|Gabby had so much fun when our Golden Retriever friends visited! She was awfully tired when they left.|
With Buzz and Bailey officially retired, my training goals all focus around Gabby (and Siri).
Our upcoming training and trialing goals are:
1) CGC test
2) Be prepared for the next WCRL rally trial!
3) Revisit tracking and hope that something from last year stuck, so we have something to build from
4) Start teaching a formal retrieve (first session was today)
5) Visit more trials to train and play in the environment
6) Practice crating in strange places
And goals for me:
1) Take more pictures with my real camera
2) Send in Gabby's PRA test and DNA databank
3) Sign up for a class (or private lessons)