2010-04-04

A New/Old Adventure!

Yesterday Buzz and I went out for (what was supposed to be) one last conformation hurrah!  He adored showing when he was younger, as my juniors partner, and to be truthful, I think he's put together better than a lot of the dogs out there today.  UKC developed their altered championship program, so off we went to give it a try.  I swear I practiced with my dog, but I guess I failed to remember he doesn't gait on a loose lead.  When we were in the ring for breed he was SLOW.  In the group ring I put tension on the lead and he moved a LOT better.  I love watching him move, when he actually moves!  In the end, we didn't get kicked out of the ring, and lost in the group ring to our friends Sam and Jack (the English Setter).  We both had a lot of fun, and he isn't shaved down yet, though that was the first thing I was going to do when I got home.  He just may stay hairy until after the next show... maybe!  Once he started moving and remembering what this is all about, he had a lot more fun.  We celebrated afterwards with a walk around Como Lake with Lauren, Elizabeth & Beckett!

I do have a surprise that will probably take a couple weeks to get here... I can't WAIT!

4 comments:

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck said...

congrats! It's not really my thing, but I bet Buzz had a blast!

And by the way, it's really mean to tease with a surprise with zero hint on what it is!

Megan said...

It's not really my thing either. I've done it a couple of times and it can be fun, like yesterday... but I much prefer competing in events that are (supposedly) objectively judged. That and grooming my dog is a pain. :-)

The surprise pertains to the show.

Dawn said...

Buzz looked really good and I thought he should have won. Did the judge happen to ask you his age? And teasing is mean! I am so glad you guys came. It was a fun day.

Unknown said...

I'm glad he had a good time! Even if it's not your thing, I'm sure it's nice watching him enjoy it. Looking forward to finding out about this surprise!